We operate our rabbit control service for households throughout Cambridgeshire whilst our commercial rabbit clearance and control service oprates across all of East Anglia
The rabbit is now considered the UK’s major vertebrate pest. Recent figures suggest that the UK rabbit population has reached 45 million…..and still counting. We are specialist wildlife control operators i.e. rabbits, foxes, moles, squirrles, deer, mink etc. So if you have a rabbit problem please do not hesitate to contact us…
Common rabbit problems are:
- Loss of early combinable crops
- Loss of young tree’s/plant/shrubs
- Damage to amenity grass areas including playing fields, golf courses, landscaped spaces
- Damage to private domestic gardens
- Disruption and damage via continuous digging and burrowing.
- Visual damage via scuts, scrapings etc.
Rabbits, in large numbers, have also been involved in the destabilising of buildings where they have excavated in and around the building foundations.
The rabbit is not only a major agricultural pest but also a major issue with regards to both domestic and amenity situations.
Due to their ability to reproduce at an alarming rate, early intervention where rabbit issues are present is always recommended.
In most situations the need for rabbit control is evidently clear. The main types of techniques used for rabbit control and clearance are presented below:
- Trapping (live capture plus spring traps)
- Long netting
- Drop boxes (traps) used alongside rabbit proof fencing
- Rabbit proof fence and fencing installation (click for more info)
- Electric fence installation.
We undertake rabbit control using all the above methods as and when appropriate and indeed there is seasonal variation in which technique is the most effective.
It should be noted that under the Pests Act 1954 every occupier of land has a responsible duty to control rabbits on their land.
We provide not only one-off clearance solutions but also yearly contractual services to ensure numbers remain low.